Thursday, March 26, 2009

Present > Represent > Resent

I have to write a monologue soon. Those who know me, know that I like to do out there controversial monologues for my university course. Last time I did a 5 minute Non-Verbal Monologue, where I confronted the question of Suicide and Sexuality. In it I wrote gay slurs and slashed my wrists with lipstick throughout its duration with the help of music.

I come to this monologue, with no boundaries, no outlines, no outline as to what to do. Just that it must include production aspects. Wow - specific.

The problem I'm having is how controversial is too controversial. I want something that has occurred in the real world, and present it to an audience that may have no idea what is happening in their world. I want to show issues out there that others do not know about.

<--------------------------------->

When I'm in "create" mode I take things from every aspect of my life, from what i read, to what i listen to. They all feed into my ideas. Hence why whenever I'm writing I will have music on in the background.

"Passing time, you've come soo far but your still behind."
-Pete Murray

"I wallow in the sympathy of strangers that I see."
- Rachel Gorman (look her up on myspace - she is a brilliant upcoming artist)

"Contemplating that I'm one step closer, not knowing how many steps are left."
- Rachel Gorman (LOOK HER UP NOW!)

"Oh green world, don't desert me now. Bring me back to Fallen Town where someone is still alive."
-Gorillaz

And these blogs are getting me thinking - I don't know if the angle is too dark, but it wont be anything like my other suicide one... which was quite symbolic. I think if you tackle something like this there should not be blood and guts, just foreboding. Even take an "Assassins" approach to it.

This reminded me a lot of "Assassins" - which is ironic in an article form.
http://www.theonion.com/content/opinion/everyone_should_own_a_gun_for

I like that In this blog - the whole idea of technology making the world more like "Lord of the Flies"
http://toddy2bloggy.blogspot.com/2009/02/how-much-is-too-much.html

Even though I disagree with this "Bitch" (verged onto the C word here bout think its as inappropriate, there is a reason her comments are blocked obviously) a hell of a lot, I'm giving her a plug because she gave me an idea or two about why people commit dastardly acts of violence upon themselves. The whole idea that people hate you when your alive and love you when dead surprised me. I still think it was not a pc comment in a public domain.
http://gnomzxx.blogspot.com/2009/03/i-was-right.html#comments


<---------------------------------->

The thing is with this, I don't know where my piece is going to end up... I have no idea.

If anyone has any idea's throw em to me in comments!

:)

xx Action Wolfe

No comments:

Post a Comment