Friday, September 25, 2009

Friday - Groundhog Day

Today was the end of the biggest prac I have been on.  As insane and tiring as it was, I loved every fucking minute of it.  You have no idea how much a felt in place at that school teaching, and the kids were just brilliant... even though at times they were snotty and hormonal, but it comes with the teritory.  I decided I wasn't going to shed any tears.  Just before lunch I got the sterotypical box of chocolates out to say thankyou.  Then said the corniest shit I have ever said, but at the same time actually meant it. 

"I came into this prac expecting to have a mentor by the end of it, I didn't expect that I'd gain a friend out of it."

Yes.  those words came out of my mouth.  But they are true.  As soon asI said that we both teared up and started to head towards class.  It sounds soo fucking lame.  But at least my mentor teacher had grown to like me being there every day just as much as I enjoyed being there.  The kids all signed cards, cards that sung, and two of the classess (my favourite two from the start) got me some small gifts, which I will cherish.  The other day someone said to me:

"You always remember you're prac kids, they're the kids that turn you into the teacher you are."

It will be interesting to get my own classes I think.  I kinda can't wait. 

On the way home I got all watery eyed - yes yes.  I am a punce.  When I got home I found my Ipod, threw it on.  I haven't updated it in around 2 years and don't use it often.  Suddenly 7 songs in a row came on that I just couldn't be upset anymore.  Songs are like gateways to me soul sometimes.  It just so happens, that on shuffle, 7 "happy" songs came on.  

I call certain songs "happy songs"... because they lift me into a good mood.

1. Shut Up - Black Eyed Peas
2. Icecream - Peaches
3. Come so far - Hairspray Cast
4. Hotel Song - Regina Spektor
5. But It's Better If You Do - Panic! at the Disco
6. Mr. Jones - Counting Crows
7. What a Great Night- Hilltop Hoods
Then the battery died.

xx Action Wolfe

No comments:

Post a Comment