Monday, August 17, 2009

Poem #9

COPY
He looked exactly like you,
Smiled exactly like you,
Made eye contact exactly like you,
except he was not as rough as you.

It confused me. Don't get me wrong, nothing happened.
He just.... was different.
I still think about you, hence why I reeled back when I saw him.
I still think what a tool I was for having hope.

I'm not making an effort to contact him.
Why? Because of you.
I am scared that I am only just going to be thinking of him after nothing happens.
I am scared that both of you will be on my mind.

You are like twins, but your rough around the edges.
His nice... so are you.
But both in different kind of ways. He is appreciated by more people than just I.
You... you have this thing about you that I seem to only see.

I really don't get it either.
Lost. That's where I'm at.
Lost in this emptiness that has been here for years.
I miss not feeling like this. Not feeling like I'm not complete.

To be honest... the copy...
Part of me, Part of me wanted to go there.
Even though he wouldn't fill in the void at least there would be something there.
One day someone will replace you and understand how much they impact me life.

No more footsies...
Infact, next time I see you it will be cold.
I will say hi but there will be no more moments for us for me to second guess.
No more moments for you to pretend and carry on that facade.

No comments:

Post a Comment