Sunday, March 29, 2009

"We can't get this and Footloose!"


Ok - last night I watched a movie with my mate. Fair enough we got it as a joke but it kinda got me kinda laughing at how lame the movie was.

It was called "East Side Story" - and believe it or not it's gayer than it looks... which seems like a hard thing to do. We originally got it because it said it had a "touching storyline" and also "avoids stereotypes about gay society". . . seriously... how the fuck is this avoiding all stereotypes about gay society. I mean for fuck!

At one point the character introduce their friends who want to buy the house their living in as say "Hey guys - these are my friends Adam and Steve." I mean. Wow. Adam and Steve... how original. Defiantly not a gay joke waiting to happen.

"Finding love in east Los Angeles is challenging, especially for a young closeted gay man. At times, sexy and romantic." I mean for fuck again! There are a billion and one gay guys partying in a house across the road from him... yet he still can't find a boyfriend. Alas when he gets one his either in denial or already has a boyfriend. I mean Oh my god!

At one point one of the main characters said "Super Dooper Fabulous"... How is that not a stereotype then what the hell is. hahaha.

This is just skimming the surface as to how.... hrm... I don't know how to describe it.... Gay? ... no... __________ this film is.

If you get a chance to watch it try and make it through the whole two hours. For half of it I sat ith my mouth open going "I can't beleive I'm watching this and not getting outraged."

hahaha - that is it for now peeps.

xx Action Wolfe

No comments:

Post a Comment