Monday, March 30, 2009

Idea for the monologue... 65 assignments away...

This is a very very draft draft - trying to get thing sorted in my head - and this is what this blog is about.

A man stands on a chair - announces the following while modeling three different mobile devices:

"Twitter, the site that you take everywhere. The site where you report everything. Microblogging. Because everyone wants to know what you are doing twenty-four-seven. . . Including your overprotective mother, and neo nazi ex boyfriend. Lets you tell others when your down. When your desperate. When you have nothing more to give.

Blogging lets your write what you want. Micro blogging is not blogging at all. It's step by step stalker access central. Its the end of the world. Its the taste of salt on your lips."

The man sits down and assumes a slouch. Laptop in front of him, binoculars in hand.

"Twitter - Watching a movie. Life - watching my neighbor. It's ok. I follow him in life on and off.... on and off line that is. 7.45 - he gets undressed and does sit ups. Twitter - 7.45, feeds the cat and reads the paper.

Sometimes I want to Twitter "watching neighbor feed the cat and read the paper, and finding it oddly interesting" to see if he notices. But why should he. We have an understanding. He pretends I don't exist. I watch him every minute he spends at home.

*Fill in some more stuff here to come - need to sort some more in my head.

So from here I want to move onto two separate stories - one I know and will include in a later blog - one i will make clear in my head soon...


No comments:

Post a Comment